As I type this, Abe is getting ready to take flight. This flight is a little special though. He's having his PC cherry popped. PC means pilot in command and Abe is officially a PC (as of last Friday). He has proven to his superiors that he has what it takes to be the senior-most pilot on board. So today will be his first flight (as PC) after hitting this milestone and I wish him all the best. He has worked hard to get to this point and I'm confident he will continue to develop and grow as a pilot. I also know that anyone that gets to fly with him should consider themselves lucky to have a mentor like Abe at their side. He is patient, knowledgeable and willing to help if he sees someone struggling. He is also not too proud to seek guidance for himself, which I consider to be an admirable quality in and of itself.
I'm so very proud of you, Abe. Know that although I can't be with you right now, I'm always rooting for you. Keep up the good work. Stay safe!
***ETA***Abe's cherry ride was a memorable mission in more ways than one. They flew the band Everclear from one FOB (forward operating base) to another. Abe was actually flying their equipment but the other chopper had the band members. One of the guys from the band sat in the jumpseat and was wearing a headset. He kept saying that was by far the coolest thing he had ever done in his life. Abe didn't get to meet any of the guys but he did get to see them perform the day before. And he was a fan of theirs before all of this so he really dug it.
I'm so very proud of you, Abe. Know that although I can't be with you right now, I'm always rooting for you. Keep up the good work. Stay safe!
***ETA***Abe's cherry ride was a memorable mission in more ways than one. They flew the band Everclear from one FOB (forward operating base) to another. Abe was actually flying their equipment but the other chopper had the band members. One of the guys from the band sat in the jumpseat and was wearing a headset. He kept saying that was by far the coolest thing he had ever done in his life. Abe didn't get to meet any of the guys but he did get to see them perform the day before. And he was a fan of theirs before all of this so he really dug it.

10 comments:
congratulations abe!!
and to beth and the boys, who are lucky enough to have such a brave and capable husband/daddy
Yes, congratultions to Abe! How wonderful. We can celebrate when he returns. And I can drink.
Love you all.
Congrats to Abe! And congrats to you too! I know you have done a lot of hard work too, supporting his career!
Way to go Abe!!!! WAHOOOO!!!! Nothing like having a strong woman behind you too!!! Success for all the Jacquot's in my book.
Gimme an "A"!
Gimme a "B"!
Gimme an "E"!
What's that spell?
ABE!!!
Gooooooo, Abe!
So happy for the Jacquot clan.
Janet
Wonderful news!! I am happy for all of you!
I know you have to be just SOOOO proud of ya' man! We sure have a lot to be proud of as Army wives huh? Thankfully, these Army men found absolutely AWESOME wives to support them to such levels. hahaha
Congrats BETH! Congrats ABE!
CONGRATS!!!!
Every one here at the Sherling house sends their smiles and celebration! And an esspecially big CONGRATS! from my dad, Randy. (who threw in a fist swing and an "alright!!!")
Congratulations Abe! He is a great pilot with a great family. You guys deserve it!!
Hello Boogie
Thanks for all of the great press! I am very luck to have such an awesome publicist. In addition to being an amazing wife, mother of my children, best friend and lover you have most certainly helped to make all of my professional accomplishments a reality. I am sure that without you by my side I would not be the man I am today. Thank you for being who you are! I love you.
Abraham
Post a Comment