Nov 22, 2008

Put on Your Thinking Caps

Pretend you have been married for 10 years, you are finally free from an amazing but time-consuming diet for your son, your husband is recently home from a 12+ month deployment (second one) and well screw it, you just deserve a kid-free vacation so you are packing up your husband and escaping. Sure you've managed to escape a couple times before but the first time was a 36 hour honeymoon in San Antonio which includes 10+ hours of driving. The other time involved a few days in Vegas but you were in the company of 2 other couples. This time it's all about you and your husband and you want a romantic get away of at least 4 nights.

Your budget is $2500 or less, where would you go? Just for fun, where would you go if money were no object?

10 comments:

Rinny said...

We would highly recommend Hot Springs, Arkansas. We were there for our honeymoon and had a great time. In the off season, which is winter time, you pretty much have the town to yourself, great food, nice people, Great downtown area, beautiful mountains/scenery. Worth it. Historical hotels downtown have great meals made by the large families that run the restaurants. Plus you can get a couples hot springs/massage/spa treatment. Even Bill liked it.

If money was no object I would pick up my lovely husband and take us to Scotland for a month's worth of travel.

Jenn Kruse said...

ok, I'll play your game. I vote Hawaii for some place warm and tropical or for someplace cold to stay inside and be warm and cozy **wink wink** I'd go for Colorado, like a lodge with a spa. Forget the slopes.....

Tracy Morris said...

http://www.leblancsparesort.com/

This is where me and Kevin are thinking about going...all though I haven't really looked into other options. But this place looks very nice and comes highly recommended from my extremely well traveled friend Jenn.

And if money were no option, Australia hands down!

NesrstaFamily said...

Ryan and I are going to dump the kids for a couple days also. We didn't go anywhere last r&r and, well, I am feeling frisky. So, I told him we were going. We are heading to San Francisco for just a couple of days. There is not a whole lot of money, but I'm gonna do it anyways. I am going to make love on the Golden Gate Bridge, wrestle an alligator in Chinatown...oh wait...that was just my dream last night. Ah, I'll make it happen. Let us know what you pick!! And Good for you! You guys deserve it!!

jessicatodd said...

We went to Colorado...and loved every second of it! Estes Park to be exact. The place was amazing!

Anonymous said...

Just let me know when you're going and I'll keep the boys!!!!

Andrea said...

Somewhere with lots of white sand, blue water, fruity drinks, and hammocks. So lets say Cabo San Lucas, where we would've had our dream wedding. And I'm all for a rustic cabin instead of spending so much on a fancy hotel room.

Christie Groth said...

I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful Colorado was. Picnics all alone on the side of a REAL mountain. Snow on Pikes Peak in June. Renting a Gold Wing to go down the Continental Divide. Royal Gorge, The Holy Cross Abbey Winery, Vale, Breckenridge, Denver, Manitou Springs. OMG, it was wonderful. Kris even got to try his first CHERRY dipped ice cream cone from Dairy Queen in Canon City! hahaha Now that may not sound like that big a deal unless you've had one.
I'm not into hot weather and sand in my crack though. Living with sand in everything you own for a few years can do that to you. haha
If money were no object, Europe here we come. I'm not even sure which I'd pick first but I'm sure it'd be a great pick. Maybe London? Maybe Venice? Maybe Greece? Ahhh to dream...

NesrstaFamily said...

Yeah, back to the drawing board....San Fran is going to be too cold for me!

Lora said...

sorry I'm so late at getting to this, but I've been computer-tarded lately.

Dave and I went down to the Iberostar in Playa del Carmen for our honeymoon. Of course, that was 10 years ago, but we only spent about 2K for a week down there.

Someone mentioned Cabo, and I have to step in and say that we HATED Cabo. Then again, we hated the Keys last month too. And the Bahamas were lacking. We laugh all the time because PdelC totally spoiled us into thinking that all resorts would be so fantastic!

I'll see if I can find a link online and email you. Also, we booked thru Apple Vacations.