I can hardly believe it but another weekend has passed. Is it just me or is time just flying by? Abe will be home for his R&R before I know it at this rate. Yipee!
I feel like I got a lot accomplished in the past couple of days but still have so much to do. Is there just some unwritten rule that parents can never truly be "caught up"? Even my own parents whose youngest child is 26 wouldn't be able to say they are caught up on things. Maybe it doesn't apply strictly to parents but to all adults. In which case I say, I don't want to be a grown up! Being responsible and busy all the time is for the birds.
Speaking of busy, one of the things we accomplished today was sorting through toys. I had Zane by my side because I knew trying to pull the wool over his eyes would never work. He's at that age if I get rid of something, he's going to notice. Besides that I figured it would be a good lesson for him on giving to others. We picked through his toys and found some things to be saved for when Brody gets older. We also accumulated a pile to be donated. I emphasized that he needed space for the new things he'd be receiving at Christmas and I think that helped soften the blow. But by the time we were done he was excited about what we were doing. I could tell he was proud of himself.
Now I have a sizeable stash of things to get rid of. I just need to figure out exactly where I want them to go. I've donated to Goodwill in the past but am hoping to find something a little more meaningful this time around. Anybody have any suggestions? All the toys are in good working order, are clean and in some cases barely used. Does anyone host a toy drive this time of year for gently used items?
And totally off the subject...I wanted to mention something to my local folks. If you ever need to call on a plumber, give Mr. Rooter a shout. They only charge $15 to come take a look at your problem. I had to call them yesterday because our water heater was out. They were here within 15 minutes (on a Saturday no less) and honest to goodness only charged $15 for the trip charge. Fortunately the water heater "fixed" itself while the guy was here so we didn't have to pay anything additional and we have hot water. Both the plumber and I are perplexed about the situation but he would tell you himself that he didn't do anything, it just started working.
I hope everyone had a superb weekend.

3 comments:
Well I am so glad to hear the water heater fixed itself. Our DVD player did that too...can you say Wonder Woman(men)??? Nothing's too big for our powers!
I love your stories, ramble on my friend. I am not sure if you attend church, but every year I sponsor a family from my church and donate toys and such. Just an idea...
Oh right? I could also do a toy donation drive with our frg, where we could collect items and then physically donate somewhere together. That would be nice. Again, just an idea...
Post a Comment