Nov 24, 2008

Why Does Something As Simple As

mailing out Christmas cards have to be so complicated? Because for me that means ordering wallets to put in the family/close friends cards. And before I can do that I have to get a "good" picture of the boys. I'm not asking for a perfect picture. Just one where I don't know, they're both looking at the camera with at least a halfway decent smile, at the same time. Is that too much to ask? Apparently.

That's Zane's idea of a good smile. He likes to see just how far back he can tilt his head.


Here he thinks he's looking at the camera even though his eyes are on the ground.



Okay, now his eyes are on the camera, I guess that's worth something. Not that it matters since Brody is off in La-la land.




Oh good. Brody's back but what on earth has come over him?!?!? And Zane looks half-baked.



Don't let Zane's posture and expression fool you. This was early in the shoot. Well I'd call pic 19 out of nearly 200 early anyways.

This photo shoot was our second attempt at getting a "good" shot for the Christmas cards. After seeing the results of it, I'm thinking the first attempt might have gone better. I don't anticipate torturing the boys or myself for that matter with another photo shoot. So either we need to go to a paid professional, or I need serious photoshop help from my friend Tracy or I need to accept the fact that it's okay to send out picture-less Christmas cards. Afterall, some people don't send them out at all. Geez, I don't know how those people can sleep at night. I wish I was programmed that way.

At least I got this shot when it was time for the "silly" photos...



And all is right with the world again.


9 comments:

Tracy Morris said...

Haha, I don't think I am even going to try at this point...I don't know maybe. I hardly ever pick up my camera anymore, at least not the one I paid over a thousand dollars for, but the one that was only $250 gets used a lot lol.

And I would say that the last picture was definitely worth the torture, nice shot!

Jenn Kruse said...

Kids are great! Ha ha ha!!!!

Yours truly said...

Tell them you're doing silly shots - Zane seems to strike the perfect pose in that one. Okay, minus the batman mask...

Andrea said...

LMAO at the half-bake comment. I didn't even bother I just went through my stash and picked my recent faves of each one and did them b&w.

jessicatodd said...

I love all the pictues...but your captions crack me the hell up!!!

Abraham said...

All of these pics are cute even if Zane looks like he is high in some of them. The second one might work for a silly Christmas pic. I love the Dark Knight one. His eyes look awesome.

Love,

Abe

Planet Dixon said...

Ah...to be a perfectionist. My kids cringe when it is time for picture taking. The only way we can get them to all look at the camera is for Brian to jump up and down and act like a crazy person, then shoot it really quick. Ally was looking at Brady rather than the camera last year on the photo we chose. I thought it was deliciously candid.
Your batboy is adorable...beautiful blue eyes!

troglodytis said...

the second pic is GREAT!

and i sleep quite fine, thank you

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that Zane still loves the Batman mask!!!!