Dec 5, 2008

Hi, I'm Beth

I can be a complete ASS!

I'll try to make a long story short (for a change).

After honking impatiently at the stopped car in front of us the other day, I drove around it, made a right turn and instantly realized (read: saw all the other stopped cars), it was 5:00. No big deal, right? But we were on post (we're hardly ever on post at 5:00, in my defense) which means revelry was being played and all traffic is supposed to come to a halt. DOH!!!! I felt like such a bitch. I stopped the car. When the bugle was done I waited for the car I had been so rude to to pull up beside us and I apologized profusely. The ladies were gracious, thank goodness.

Good thing I had just come from donating a bunch of toys at the post thrift shop. All their proceeds go right back to the community in charitable contributions. I also just dropped off another trunk-full of toys at the child development center on post. They were very appreciative.

Hopefully I balanced out the ugly behavior with the good deeds.

Moral of the story...give, give, give, it does the soul good but don't turn right around and be an ass, it's a real buzz killer!!!

10 comments:

Jenn Kruse said...

Silly girl, I just love you!

Anonymous said...

LOL That is all I can think of to say. Too funny.
Kim B

Anonymous said...

oooh! don't start acting like your mother-in-law! that would be terrible!

Love you, but jealous of your intense organization skills.

Chris

I hope you're having some fun in all that Christmas tornado!

troglodytis said...

that might have been the awesomest thing i've read all week, asshole.


^_^

Nancy said...

Well, if it's any consolation...I eat crow on a daily basis! At least you apologized and felt bad...we're all human, and in a hurry!

We Four Explorers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
We Four Explorers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...

Oops! I probably wouldn't have figured it out either. At least you got to say sorry and you were out doing your good deeds :)

Planet Dixon said...

That was really sweet of you to go back and apologize...and great job on all your toy donations. :)

ps. I'm a wee bit jealous of your organziation skills as well and I'm striving to be a master blogger such as yourself...if only I could get rid of the blogger's block. ;-)

NesrstaFamily said...

Sadly, I have done the same thing, except I didn't get so far as to honk because a soldier stepped out of his car forcing me to realize what was happening. Sometimes, I wish patience would grow on trees!!