Dec 15, 2008

Today

marks 6 months since Abe left for Iraq. In some ways it feels like he's been gone much longer but for the most part it is hard to believe 6 months has already gone by. We miss him terribly and can't wait to be together again as a family. We still have his R&R to look forward to in March. Then hopefully when he returns to Iraq it won't be for very long. We still aren't getting any official word on the length of this deployment. The rumors are flying (have been since they left) that it will only be 12-13 months. But as long as his orders say 15 months, that's what I'm preparing myself for. Please keep Abe in your thoughts as this is probably the most difficult time for him emotionally, being apart from his loved ones at Christmas.

5 comments:

Jenn Kruse said...

It does seem to have gone fast but been painful none the less. Hopefully it will be only 12 months but like you, I'm not holding my breath! I'm so very glad I have you to keep me going and keep my spirits up!!! I heart you!

NesrstaFamily said...

I can't believe it has been six months. Maybe it will continue to go by fast.

Tracy Morris said...

I feel the same way about the time as you do. I hope the rest of this tour, no matter the length speeds on by. For more reasons than one haha. I will be keeping you guys in my thoughts over the holidays, I remember from the first tour what it felt like to be apart for the holidays. hugs!

Laura @ live.laugh.photograph said...

wow i had no idea it had been that long already! its weird though, i remember thinking the same thing.

Abraham said...

I guess it has gone by pretty quickly but it sure feels like it will be forever before I get to come home. I can't wait to come home for R&R. I miss you guys so much!!

I love you,

Abraham