Jan 27, 2009

Got Milk?

Today brought about another change to Zane's diet. Another step in the weaning process, actually. He dropped from a 3:1 ratio down to a 2.5:1. He will remain here for the next three months before dropping down again.

Each time the ratio goes down, his carbs go up (and this time the fat decreased a little too). How that translates is that some of his meals now have no butter or less cheese or more fruit or more bread. Take for instance, breakfast this morning....


He had 7 grams of Lucky Charms (as compared to 5) and 18 grams of milk (as compared to NONE), 30 grams of ham (as compared to 19) and no cheese (as compared to 14 grams)...plus his usual "ice cream" concoction of heavy whipping cream and olive oil.

I was most excited by the fact that he had milk with his cereal. It's the first time in 17 months that he's had any milk. Granted it was less than 2 tablespoons but that's better than nothing. And it was a good ratio of milk to cereal (which tells you how much little cereal he gets).



I think he was most excited by the fact that he had no American cheese.



Of course Brody wanted to play along too. How about a little less "cheese", Brody.


Ahhh, that's better.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, Brody doesn't know less cheese. Congratulations on the milk with the cereal, guys. I know Zane is happy about that. He's such a good sport.

Love y'all!!
Nana

Tracy Morris said...

I'm so happy Zane has done so well on this diet and even happier that the constraints of it are starting to loosen! They both look very happy to be eating lucky charms!

Rinny said...

What sweet boys. Love the still sleepy eyes in the pictures. Congratulations to Zane!

jdd said...

I so happy that Zane's diet is working for him!

Christie Groth said...

I'm so happy he's going through all the changes well. Awesome!

We Four Explorers said...

He was so excited to tell me the other day that he'll soon get to eat Lucky Charms! I'm happy for him too! He's a great kid.

Anonymous said...

Yay Zane! That's great! Love the pics!

NesrstaFamily said...

I truly enjoy reading all the updated posts on Zane's diet. He is such a wonderful kid and he deserves the best. I do think it is fitting that you chose Lucky Charms because it feels like everybody is lucky when it comes to Zane--he is lucky to have you, you and Abe must feel lucky to have him, and I think we all feel lucky to watch him grow with pride.

Good Job Zane...and that Brody is going to get all the girls, cheese and all!!