Feb 23, 2009

Exciting News

Okay, so I started typing this post about 10 minutes ago and just deleted three paragraphs because I can make a long story, short. I just know I can. So here goes...

As long as everything continues going smoothly, Zane will be coming off his diet in late June rather than August!!! It all came about because of our plans to fly to Wisconsin for the 4th of July and the difficulty we would face with his diet, in doing so. I contacted his Dietitian today to see if this was even a safe option for him and she also spoke to Dr. Crisp about it and they are on board with it. If any of you have concerns about the 7 or 8 weeks we are shaving off his diet, keep in mind some people come off the diet in as little as 6 months with complete success. I'm very optimistic that Zane will do just fine.

My daydreams are a little bit closer to coming true.

PS- We're not going to give Zane the news just yet. I want to wait until closer to June just in case something changes and we go back to plan A. So mum's the word.

7 comments:

troglodytis said...

ROCK!!!!!

that's fab news! i'm super excited for the both of ya!


super mom you are

jessicatodd said...

Awesome!!!

Wonderful news!!

Abraham said...

Beth Jacquot is the best mom ever!!


I love you Boogie.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Abraham, you ARE the best mom ever....besides our mom of course! ;)
Give the boys some love for me!!!!

Andrea said...

Great news! I will keep fingers crossed that it all goes smoothly.

Margaret said...

GREAT NEWS!

I am so excited about this news and will continue to hope for the best.

NesrstaFamily said...

Best news all week. Good job Beth!