I'm telling Zane Daddy won't be home 'til Tuesday. Sorry if you thought this post was going to be about the 80's group that recorded the hit song "Voices Carry". I know you had your hopes up when you saw the title.
Between you and me, Abe will be home tomorrow. He should be boarding a plane in Kuwait about 3 hours from now. According to his itinerary he will be arriving during the day tomorrow while Zane is at school. That's what we really hoped would happen so that we could surprise Zane after school when Daddy's there to pick him up. It won't be a complete surprise since Zane knows Daddy is on his way home. That's why I have to lie to him about Tuesday, which is not easy for me to do.
Have I ever mentioned how difficult it is for me to tell a lie, even to a 5 year old? I'm not even too good at sugar-coating the truth. Which would explain why Zane already knows that babies come out of vaginas. Hey, I can't help it if he's already asking about that stuff.
Anyways, Abe will be here tomorrow which means he shouldn't have to board a plane back to the sandbox until March 25th. We have some fun things planned but mostly we want to savor every minute we have with him. That's also my way of saying you might not be hearing much from me in the next couple of weeks. But I'll be back with pictures as soon as I have a chance.

8 comments:
Sounds like exactly what we did...I too had to lie. And I got punched in the gut for it. No seriously I did, Kiara sucker punched me. But she was too happy to see her Daddy to care all that much, I guess the punch released any angry feelings she had towards me. So just look out for little flying fists and you should be fine.
I hope you have an amazing R&R and that every day drags on slowly. (but goes really freaking fast in NJ)
That is so sweet Beth, I am crying tears of joy for you bc I know you guys are so happy and anxious! You guys have a wonderful time:)
Woohoo! I know he will understand and forgive your lie once he sees the surprise. I am so happy it worked out the way you wanted it too. Have a safe trip Abe and you all enjoy every second while he's home.
it's not a lie, it's a safety buffer.
you can't help it if the army does something uncharacteristically on time.
Surprises are the best! Especially if its Daddy coming home for R&R. I wouldn't think of it as a lie, so don't worry! Enjoy your time together!
You lied, you are going to hell!!! I wish you two a wonderful RandR..
you go girl! we will be here when you get back :) Have fun and good luck with keeping the "secret"
HAVE AN AMAZING TIME!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Post a Comment