Well it goes without saying that we had a fabulous Father's Day. It did our family good to be able to spend it together this year.
Abe slept in while I got breakfast on the table. Then he opened his gifts which Zane did an amazingly good job of not telling him about beforehand. We hung around lazily most of the morning then got ourselves ready to explore McKinney Falls State Park in Austin. It was our first time going and despite the heat, we had a great time.

Fortunately we were able to cool off in Onion Creek. The water was quite pleasant and the boys had fun exploring for rocks and shells on the bottom. In fact, Zane finally started putting his face under water which is something he has not been doing in the pool. But he didn't mind doing it yesterday if it meant he could reach under and pull up a handful of rocks at the same time.

Both Abe and I were extremely proud of him. Hopefully he will keep it up now at the pool and during his swimming lessons in August.

Before the swimming we went walking on the hiking trail for a bit. That particular trail is nearly 3 miles and unfortunately the boys aren't able to go that far, at least not on foot and not in this heat. So we just strolled for a bit and then turned around when we felt they were close to done. What we did see was absolutely gorgeous, lots of cover from the trees.

And of course we made time for snacks and water............and photos. Be sure to view the rest of them here.
It's definitely a park I'd like to go back and explore again sometime.

We left there at dinnertime and ate at Chuy's. Despite the last minute notice our friends Tyler and Naomi were able to meet us there. It's always a pleasure to see them. The boys adore them, too. Brody kept insisting we were going to "Yomi's" house. He was devastated when we insisted we weren't. By some miracle the boys stated awake on the drive home. I gave them quick baths before bed and then Abe and I watched another episode of True Blood before turning in ourselves.
Ahhhhhhhh, it's good to have him home!

3 comments:
I thought about y'all this weekend and how this time last year it wasn't so happy. Again....so happy for you guys to all be united again.
Looks like an awesome place! Sorry I didn't think of it sooner but you could've borrowed a Kelty pack. Next time don't hesitate to ask. Actually we could sell you one, Cali is about too big anyway.
there is this weird Philly-Austin connection (I'm sure it is the same town just in two different places) and a Chuy's tshirt is like a status symbol here. Like Hard Rock Cafe ts were in the 80s. It's funny.
Post a Comment