Jun 19, 2009

Update on Zane

Zane has been off his diet for 5 1/2 weeks. It's hard to believe that much time has passed already. I sometimes still catch myself thinking about what I'm gonna weigh for his meal. He is really enjoying his new freedom with food. I think his favorite two things right now are pizza and cheeseburgers. In fact his Aunt took him to Chuck E. Cheese a few weeks ago where he proceeded to eat 6 slices! No wonder he grew one inch in 3 1/2 weeks. And his beverage of choice is milk. He will be going to see his pediatric neurologist and dietitian on the 29th, first appointment off the diet. I don't know what to expect at that appointment but I'm pretty sure he will have another EEG before he is released as their patient. Along with his increased appetite, he's had lots more energy. Sometimes he is literally bouncing off the walls. It's great to see though. So far, so good and we are SO thankful!

3 comments:

Naomi S. Adams said...

Grow, Zane grow! :) We're just sorry it hurts. Thanks for the updates.

Lora said...

This is excellent!

Anonymous said...

I am SOO greatful & so damn proud of Zane and the whole bunch of you guys.

Thanks from the bottom of my heart to all the family and friends who contributed so much to the support of Zane and the Jacquots as this once-terrifying illness played out.

Of course we all know that without the incredible devotion and hard work from Beth-mixing, weighing, labeling, calculating, loving, researching, shopping, advocating, preparing advance halloween packages, etc., etc., etc., Zane's outcome might have been far different. (So my gratitude for you is infinite.)
And thanks to all of you who stepped in to help Abe, Beth, Zane & Brody get through this last year while Abe was in Irac.
Love to you all - Zane & Brody's Nana