May 4, 2010

Coming Right Along

Let me start by saying Abe had another check ride today and he passed (not that I had any doubts). Have I told y'all lately how proud I am of him? Well, I am. That ends Phase 2 of his training and on Thursday he will begin the third and final Phase. We are more than halfway through this separation. I'm hoping the remainder just flies by.

We had the inspection on the house last Tuesday and received the buyer's request for repairs a few days later. All in all I think it went fairly well. We managed to talk the buyer out of one item (involving the roof) which left 7 other repairs. I've already fixed two of them and four others are going to be simple and inexpensive fixes we can do ourselves. That leaves only one item that will require a professional so I think we're in pretty good shape. Next up is the appraisal and as of right now, I don't know when that will take place.

In other news, we found out a couple weeks ago that our Command Sponsorship has been approved. What that means is that the boys and I can fly to Korea with Abe on the Army's dime. It also means that we'll be entitled to a few things when we get there to include a slot in the on-post elementary school.

Ever get that feeling when things are going TOO smoothly? I'm just waiting for something to go terribly, terribly wrong. Let's hope it doesn't though.

2 comments:

Abraham said...

Thanks for the kind words Boogie. It means a lot to hear them! We are now 2/3 of the way through and it wont’ be much longer until I get home. Thanks for your hard work around the house. Feel free to leave a few things for me to take care of when I get home ;) Let’s just keep our fingers crossed and maybe everything will go pretty smooth as we make our move to Korea. Keep lots of fingers crossed! I love you!!!

Leslie said...

Sorry I missed your call! Glad Abe is doing well at his course. Glad the selling of the house is coming along. Congrats on that! Like I said on my message, send that good vibe this way! :) That's great that you all can travel together to Korea. I wish you all the best. Enjoy your time overseas.