Apr 28, 2010

Even More Good News

Our house is officially under contract....as of last Thursday actually. We had one gentleman look at the house a couple of weeks ago and the next day our realtor called and said he had narrowed his search down to three choices (including ours) and wanted to come take a second look. So he did and according to our realtor (she is his realtor, as well) he took his time looking around and made notes. Well a week or so went by without a word so I had all but given up. But last Monday morning Lilo called with good news, she was working on typing up his offer for us!!! What a great way to start my week.

I met with Lilo on Tuesday evening to go over all the details and fine print. The man and his wife offered us full price but asked that we pay their closing costs, buy a one year warranty on the home, and professionally clean the carpets and windows prior to closing. They asked for a May 28th closing date. That was really the only thing Abe and I negotiated on. All of the money matters were fine by us. Fortunately, they were flexible and understanding so our closing date is now June 14th which means Abe will be back from his training in AL and I don't have to handle the move on my own. The date wasn't a deal breaker but I certainly didn't want the hassle of moving Abe's Old Navy pick-up truck from our garage. So a couple days pass so everyone can sign, initial, fax and email the contract back and forth and Thursday I get the call that it's official.

The house inspection was conducted yesterday morning and all I know about it at this point is that Lilo received a copy of the report last night and sent it to the buyers. They will have to look it over and decide which repairs they want us to make. This may involve another round of negotiations but I'm hoping there isn't that much on the list. Next up will be the appraisal (crossing my fingers on that, too) followed by a survey.

In the meantime, we need to schedule to have transportation come pack and pick up all our household goods. We also need to figure out where we're gonna live after we close. As of right now we are homeless come June 14th. There's plenty of time to worry about that later, though. One thing at a time, right?

2 comments:

jessicatodd said...

Loving all your good news! Good things happen to good people! I am so happy for you and your family! So sad that you will be moving away though. Oh well, such is Army life, right?

Abraham said...

Wow honey! This is great news. Why didn’t you tell me sooner? ;)