Jul 26, 2010

Toronto: Day Eight

The boys and I had a day of rest so we could get caught up on groceries, laundry, emails, playing and editing pics. So for those of you interested, our photo collection now includes our trip to the Ontario Science Center.

The following series of pictures serve as my response to Margaret's question on a previous post, "what are Surprise Eggs?" I'll let my camera and model speak for themselves...








Not only do you get a toy, the chocolate is yummy!

What else have I learned?
  • Smarties in Canada are candy-coated chocolates
  • pasta rhymes with shasta, Mazda has the same "a" sound too...in these parts
  • you can buy a 1 litre carton of milk for $2.22, a 2 litre carton of milk for $1.88 OR 2-2 litre plastic bags (yes, bags) of milk for $4.17...I went with the 2 litre carton since it is clearly the best value, does the store seriously fool people with that???
  • we accidentally found a Taco Bell yesterday with no drive thru....WEIRD

5 comments:

Margaret said...

O wow, those are awesome!!! Thank you, Beth for the pics. Thank you, Brody for being a perfect model.

Rinny said...

I love Kinder Eggs! Hope Brody enjoyed the toy.

Lora said...

paasta I get because the word past is pronounced paast. Never mind that they are just dicing the Italian language...

Maazda strikes me as odd. Last I was up there I saw a commercial for a Maazda dealership. It was just so, so wrong. Local vernacular is one thing, advertising your product with a twangy accent is a total other!

Melissa's Stampin' Spot said...

WOW what an exciting time you guys are having! Love me some kinder eggs! Chocolate is yummy! There is a german restaurant here that has them!

Anonymous said...

Yea yea, those eggs are cool but that model is something else!!!

Nana (who else?)