Nov 10, 2010

Got Milk?


This milk is long gone by now, I bought it at the beginning of October. Notice that expiration date though? It was good for 2 months!!! The milk I've been buying since then expires on Dec 31st! It is not organic. It is ultra-pasteurized. We drink milk so fast it's not much of an issue but it still blows my mind. Now if only they could get bread over here more quickly...it's usually partially stale the day you take it off the shelf.

If any of you are wondering, I do most of our grocery shopping at the commissary on post. We can find most of the brands and foods we're familiar with from back home. You just gotta check dates on everything you buy :)

1 comment:

Shawn Girl said...

That's what I need, our milk always expires before we can drink it, I always throw milk away. I wonder why you can't get that here.