Nov 14, 2010

The Wheels on the Bus

I've been playing catch-up with pictures recently...editing, organizing, making sure I haven't skipped over anything important. Speaking of which, I gave myself a big scare over the weekend when I thought all my pics from July and August had disappeared - gone for good. I finally found them in a mislabelled folder, whew! Anyways, in the near future I'll be posting random pics that I just haven't had time to post sooner (including some from as far back as July and August).

So for now, I'd like to share a couple of pics from Zane's first day of riding the school bus...ever. We live too far out to have a bus stop nearby so I drive him 10 minutes into the edge of town where he can hop on bus #10. He rides the bus for approx 30 minutes to get to school and after school he rides it for approx 25 minutes before reaching his stop. And of course, there are days when it's just more convenient to take him all the way to school or pick him up from the school, if I have to be on-post anyways. I'd say he rides it about 50% of the time. The nice thing is that these busses have seat belts and they are required to wear them.





Just look at that cool dude :)

There is an aide on every bus. She is responsible for checking bus passes, making sure seat belts are buckled and enforcing rules. 1st graders and younger have to be released to a parent or designated person. They cannot simply walk home alone.

Am I rambling? Sorry to bother you with all the details. I just know my memory and years from now I'll be asking "how did that work?" or "how could we have let Zane ride the bus at such a young age?" Geez, I'm getting old.

No comments: