Nov 14, 2007

Stopping to smell the roses

Everyone's heard of the 12 days of Christmas. I bet you've never heard of the 8 days of Thanks (because I just made it up). I'm feeling very grateful as the holiday season approaches this year. I am guilty of not stopping each and every day to think about everything I am thankful for. So for the next 8 days I vow to list 5 things I am thankful for (in no particular order).




  1. I'm thankful that we were able to schedule an appointment for Brody today after being told it was the last one available and his provider will be out of the office tomorrow and the next day. (he has a cold and we want to make sure it isn't an ear infection, as well)
  2. I'm thankful that we are a two car family. Dealing with work and school (and everything else) would not be fun with only one vehicle.
  3. I'm thankful that we have an experienced Pediatric Neurologist in our area to guide us with Zane's epilepsy.
  4. I'm thankful that I have 5 wonderful siblings and that we are all on speaking terms.
  5. I'm thankful that my mother and Dr. Johnston at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital cared enough to treat my scoliosis. I'm sure I would be in worse shape without that intervention.

3 comments:

Planet Dixon said...

Great idea and a great way to keep a positive attitude. I think people tend to focus on the negative way too much and miss the beautiful life that they could be living. :)

Tracy Morris said...

I for one would be grateful if you told us who left the anonymous comment about loving a girl in a back brace and requesting a photo of you wearing it.

NesrstaFamily said...

great post, makes me thankful of much as well.