With Abe's upcoming deployment comes a mad rush to get things done before he goes. I know we are a few months away but it has already begun. Of course there are the "around-the-house" projects but mostly I'm referring to visits, vacations and fun things we want to do before he goes. It will be chaotic at times, trying to squeeze everybody and everything in, but I wouldn't change it for the world.
Next weekend we are going to another reunion with our friends (classmates of Abe's). The main organizers were kind enough to put one together early this year so that Abe could attend. We will be staying at a house on Lake Travis. I'm really looking forward to it. This time around should be more relaxing considering where we stand with Zane's epilepsy.
In April we have two nights booked at the Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine. It will be just the four of us. I know Zane will have a blast at their indoor waterpark. Come to think of it, Brody will too, he loves water. The place is brand new and looks like a ton of fun.
We don't have anything major planned in May just yet. But that will probably be when we make an overnight trip to SeaWorld. It's hard to pass up going for free. Plus we can visit Abe's Aunt and her family while we are in San Antonio. For as close as they live, we don't see enough of them.
I've organized a Jacquot Family Reunion for Abe and his Mom's side of the family, to take place a few nights in June. We are renting a new house in San Antonio near the Riverwalk. It will be time well spent among family. In fact, I can't remember a time in the past 14 years that this group of 15+ people have all been together in one place. It is long overdue. Now let's just hope Abe doesn't deploy BEFORE this reunion.
Also in June is our annual trip to Lake Murray, OK with Abe's Dad, Step-Mom and her family. We haven't sorted out the details of it yet but I imagine we will go up there for a couple nights at the least.
In addition to these fabulous plans, Abe is going to see Ministry in April and Radiohead in May. Throw in a few dinner parties and game nights, a trip or two back to the Dallas area to visit family, a day trip to Sweet Berry Farm, a birthday party for Brody and perhaps a day hike or two and we've got ourselves pretty much booked up. It is times like these it pays to be organized!

4 comments:
Wow....Ryan and I were just watching a program (Travel Channel) about the Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine, and we were gonna check it out since it was close. This makes me uber interested. Now, if you will kindly get off my wavelength...LOL..
Sounds like you guys have some fun things planned. I look forward to all the updates and pictures. See you soon!
Now I feel like an idiot. It makes our full weekends look like nothing. We aren't even leaving town. See you this weekend, sunshine!
Wow, sounds like you guys are ready to go! All your plans sound like mad fun...I too want to go to the Great Wolf Lodge! I hope we can find the time to do it. That house at Lake Travis looks sweet...and did you notice that it has great light...I had better see some awesome pictures next week!
All of those plans are stressing me out on your behalf! :) I'm sure you guys will have a blast.
Post a Comment