
What happened to my ham? He doesn't look too happy.

Not all the toys are this cool.
Brody and I took a stroll around the neighborhood tonight, passing out the loot Zane will be receiving on Halloween. I owe JennK a big THANKS for sitting at the house with Zane while I did that. It was pretty much a repeat of last year except I purposely avoided the house of "extreme Christian lady" and we didn't have the pleasure of seeing a frog sandwich. If you have no idea what I'm talking about click the "last year" link above and check out my post from...that's right, last year. Even those of you that were following at that time might enjoy revisiting the post, pictures and comments. I did.
I wish our neighborhood got into the spirit of Halloween more than it does but what can ya do? Is it just lame in my neighborhood or is it lame all over (compared to 20-30 years ago) or is it just different because I'm an adult now? I don't know but I guess the boys are having fun with it so I guess I'll just shut my trap and not let them know how much cooler Halloween should be.

5 comments:
No it is lame there. All though we went on post last year and it was much better but I suppose that would be hard for you.
I am so excited for Halloween up here, we treat Halloween right in NJ. The girls are even getting dressed up for school, and having a Halloween party and parade. Their school in Killeen totally acted like Halloween didn't even exist! Hopefully your neighborhood will get more into it this year and if they don't what the boys don't know won't hurt them lol!!!!!!!
Hum, I wonder why it is lame here??? Hopefully we'll move before the kids outgrow such things. I was glad to watch big Z for you and spend time with you too! Always a treat!!!!
Halloween is lame in VA too. We're the only house on our Ct. that decorated. But even with the small amount of houses that hand out candy, they are at least generous so it makes up for it. I don't remember there being such strict guidelines for trick or treating when I was younger either. What's up with that?!
What an amazing story...I cannot believe more people do not hand out candy for children. Kids get so excited to be able to dress-up and trick-or-treat...people need to just relax and have some fun!!!
Okay, that frog sandwich was very strange LOL....I was curious and I had to take a peek.
I hope tonight is a success and Zane is able to get lots of "goodies"...let us know how it goes!!!!
It is lame compared to when I was little no doubt. It is pretty awesome in Mill Creek in Salado to the point they have tons of kids on flat bed trailers. We have 350 kids as of 8:30pm last year. This year we will not be joining in the Salado fun because my dad is an ASS right now and I choose not to be mistreated bc my dh is not here to defend me....
BTW, I can not STAND people that use the "Christian" tag as though it's something that tells one what they should or should not do in regards to giving children candy on one day of the year! ugh... What's so sinful about a child dressed up all cute, being polite, and coming home with all sorts of chocolate goodies for his parents...Oh wait, did I type that? hahaha I meant, all sorts of special treats JUST FOR KIDS. hahaha
Post a Comment